Re: perl problem with cygwin path

Mike R Brown wrote:
Matthew Woehlke wrote:
Mike R Brown wrote:
Everything I have checked points to just one Perl installation. So maybe the question here is where did this version come from?

That is indeed a good question, since the latest available 'perl' from kernel.org is 5.8.7-5. The full output of 'perly -v' (that's the questionable perl) may tell you something.

This is perl, v5.8.7 built for cygwin-thread-multi-64int
This is perl, v5.8.8 built for cygwin-thread-multi-64int
[snip]
Looking closer I see there is a perl -V test that shows much more information. I didn't check that out.

Sorry, I actually meant -V (that's capital, not little... I always use big-V and so didn't realize there even was a little-v that is different from big-V), although it's interesting that the "funky" one does indeed claim to be "built for cygwin...". When you are able to check the -V output, it would be interesting to compare what machine each was built on. If they are different that likely indicates either a change of packager or a rogue package. At the least it would mean that the build environment has changed, which may be part of the problem.

--
Matthew
<insert bad pun... on second thought, better not>