Re: Successfull Build of gcc on Cygwin WinXp SP2

Dave Korn wrote:

>   If you examine the wording carefully, you can infer that doing "cvs up" from
> toplevel without the -d option does not preclude using -d at levels below
> that....

Well, depends.  I have a line "update -dP" in my ~/.cvsrc.  :-)

>   Hmmm, I can't think off the top of my head of anything much better than
>
> find . -maxdepth 1 -type d | grep -v '\.$' | grep -v CVS | xargs cvs -q -z9 up
> -dP

That might be somewhat more efficient than what I use which is

set -e
echo "./"
cvs -q up -lP .
for F in `find . -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 -type d \! -name CVS`; do
        echo "$F/"
        cd $F
        cvs -q up -dP .
        cd ..
done

>   I believe the -P option is probably superfluous in that second example! :)

Heh.  Well as you can see I tend to use -dP all the time just out of
habit.

Brian