network auth problems with public-key SSH login

Another one of those problems...

When I log in using SSH public-key authentication onto a Windows 2003 box, it sets up my LOGNAME correctly, but the USER is set to "sshd_server".

When I access a network share that requires domain logon credentials, the username it sees is "sshd_server", and it refuses access..

For cygcheck, and the past history of this issue, see http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2007-04/msg00783.html and http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2007-05/msg00078.html.

In particular, I wonder if the USER problem is related to the fact that the sshd server couldn't contact the PDC when logging me in.. There is a local BDC, but apparently it doesn't want to talk to that..