Re: scripting and cygwin

John wrote:
Hi,

I finished the script I have been working on. Unfortunately,
this Pee Cee version won't even finish the full data run
as it crashes with Zone Alarm. Since I have a long term good
relationship with Zone Alarm, I have to write off cygwin.

And here are the timings I get from my Windoze cygwin machine
vs. my MacBook Os X are (comparable machines):

Timings on Windoze cygwin:

Foo.txt:
Elapsed Time: [0 days 0 hours 0 minutes 53 seconds]
My Expenses:
Elapsed Time: [0 days 0 hours 4 minutes 19 seconds]
Y2007.txt:
Zone Alarm crashes ALWAYS, won't even finish

Timings on Mac OS X:
Foo.txt:
Elapsed Time: [0 days 0 hours 0 minutes 3 seconds]
My Expenses:
Elapsed Time: [0 days 0 hours 0 minutes 9 seconds]
Y2007.txt:
Elapsed Time: [0 days 0 hours 0 minutes 36 seconds]

I am afraid I just have to move all this to my MacBook
and forget about Windoze/cygwin.

John
What the hell are you talking about?!? ZoneAlarm sucks. Uninstall it. What does your script do? Who knows. Who cares. You wish to give up on Cygwin. Halaluah! Wonderful. Who the hell cares! Just because you cannot program doesn't mean that others can't.
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
Music is the art which is most nigh to tears and memory. - Oscar Wilde