Re: Using PyGTK on Cygwin

Ignazio Di Napoli wrote:
[...]

I found an old discussion (too old for my newsreader, not so for internet archives) talking about this problem.
The problem seems to be with Python version switch from 2.4 to 2.5, or at least I think so: pygtk.py is in /lib/python2.4 instead of /lib/python2.5, and from what I understood the packages need to be recompiled.
Is there any workaround, other than downgrading to python 2.4? I ask this because my software should be run by people with little computer experience, and I would like to make the installation the simpler possible, and I think that when updated packages will be released the note "select the old version" would be obsolete.
Any idea on when update packages will be released?

Thank you
Ignazio