Re: Setup offers bad directory for Local Package Directory

David Balazic wrote:

> I downloaded http://www.cygwin.com/setup.exe
> version 2.573.2.2 (as displayed in the first page of the wizard).
>
> I entered "C:\Program Files\cygwin" ad the root directory.
> Then on the next page "Select Local Package Directory" the offered
> directory was "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox", which is clearly wrong.

It's not clearly wrong at all, in fact setup.exe had no involvement
whatsoever with choosing this value -- it is simply whatever the current
working directory was when you ran it.  The fact that it's Mozilla's
directory implies that you ran setup.exe from within the browser.  If
you had saved it to a folder and then clicked on it in Explorer, then
that folder would have been the CWD and that is what setup would have
offered.  The first time you run it setup has no idea where you want to
store downloaded files, so it uses the CWD for lack of a better guess.
Thereafter the choice is stored in /etc/setup/last-cache and so after
the first time the choice will persist.

Brian