cygserver error

Whenever I start Cygwin on our Thinkpads/XP Pro SP2 with cygserver started
at boot, I get a series of Errors in my Event Viewer -> Application.
As far as I can tell everything is running OK, but I don't see how to
get rid of these reported errors?

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Cygwin ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information
or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You
may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description;
see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of
the event: cygserver: error getting handle(1700) to server (5).

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Cygwin ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information
or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You
may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description;
see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of
the event: cygserver: error duplicating from_master handle, error = 997.

I have found that Error Code 997 means: Overlapped I/O operation is
in progress.

Even if relevant, I do not know where to apply "/AUXSOURCE= flag", e.g.,
what "flag"?  Per the user guide's instructions.  Under System Properties
-> Environment Variables, under System Variables, I have server as the
only Value given to the Variable CYGWIN.  Under User variables, I have
\cygwin\bin in the path (even though I did not think it necessary):

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\Tools\WinNT;C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\MSDev98\Bin;C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\Tools;C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Visual Studio\VC98\bin;C:\cygwin\bin

I attach the output of `cygcheck -svr`

Thanks.

Lester