Hi,

Pedro Alves wrote:
Erich Dollansky wrote:

<snipped>

"do you want to format your drive?:

+--------+  +---------+
+ format +  + cancel  +
+--------+  +---------+

... Makes it much easier to understand what the software's up to.

when I start a disk formating program, I understand the question just as a confirmation.

When I start an installation program, I will also understand simple questions like this as an confirmation.

But the question appears this time not as a confirmation but as an error message. Displaying the short message give the normal user even more the impression that it is just a simple confirmation of what he is intending to do anyway. So, he answers with his intend in mind.

As Pedro has said, the question should now be "do you want to format your drive?" It does not matter whether you understand the question as a confirmation, a question, a threat, or a suggestion. Formatting the hard drive is the only true solution and is most beneficial since the system will eventually be clean and free of problems--even Cygwin problems. This is the best solution and no one can challenge it.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Carlo

-- Carlo Florendo Softare Engineer/Network Co-Administrator Astra Philippines Inc. UP-Ayala Technopark, Diliman 1101, Quezon City Philippines http://www.astra.ph