Re: Emacs takes 100% CPU

On 7/25/2007 1:31 PM, Nicolas Saunier wrote:
I am using emacs with output to X11, and there is no error about not finding a display. It just crashes rightaway, but often works at the second try.

I had that problem for years with emacs-21 and never found a solution. I just got in the habit of saving my work often. M-x recover-session is also useful.

Is the latest 22.1-3 stable ?

Two users (one of them being me) have reported problems with it:

   http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2007-07/msg00612.html
   http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2007-07/msg00632.html

I suggest that you try it to see if it works for you. If not, you might want to try Angelo Graziosi's build of emacs 22.1:

You'll have to reinstall auctex after installing it. I've had pretty good luck with this. There's still an occasional crash, but it doesn't seem to happen as often as it did with emacs-21.

Ken