Re: sshd: public key working, but can't get passwords working

* Michael Hipp (Mon, 30 Jul 2007 14:38:02 -0500)
> Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> > * Michael Hipp (Mon, 30 Jul 2007 08:36:48 -0500)

> >> I thought you were trying to use public/private key authentication, not
> >> password authentication?
> >>
> >> If so, then the first line above needs to be uncommented and changed to
> >> 'no'.
> >
> > No, password authentication and public are not mutually exlusive. The
> > default is fine.
>
> I didn't say they were. But since he's trying to use public/private key
> authentication then he probably wouldn't want password authentication
> available as an attack vector.

Okay, understood. I was under the impression that you were suggesting
that password authentication has to be turned off to have public key
authentication work. You just meant it is advisable to turn it off if
you want public key authentication. D'accord.