Re: SSHD install problem

Thorsten,

Thank you very much for trying to help me, I appreciate it. I have tried
many different things to get this working including erasing my old
cygwin folder and reinstalling cygwin.

The instruction you supplied executes without error, but when I try to
start the sshd service, it still will not start and looking in
the /var/log/sshd.log file, I still see the same error message.

Could my problems be caused because I am a Windows domain user?
When I ran bash the first time after reinstalling, it said I needed to
run a command and redirect its output to /etc/passwd and another command
redirected to /etc/group

After doing that I looked in those files and I noticed there were
hundreds of users listed, practically everyone from the domain I think.

I ended up erasing most of the lines, leaving my user, the sshd user,
SYSTEM, Administrators and Administrator in the passwd file, and not
touching the group file... Maybe I messed up...

Any help is appreciated, thanks.