Re: [BUG] Git v1.5.0.3: fatal: Unable to write new index file

    No need to cc me; I read the list.

    According to Stefano Spinucci on 3/17/2007 7:24 AM:
    > Then, I hope the cygwin Git binary 'll be compiled with NO_MMAP;
    > otherwise, needing to work on a FAT32 fs, I'll have to recompile Git
    > manually.

    http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2007-03/msg00005.html

    "However, it means that this version does assume that you are not using
    FAT or FAT32 to hold your repositories, since they do not store file
    permissions very accurately."

    I highly recommend that you upgrade to NTFS.  FAT32 is not secure.  If you
    insist on using FAT, then you are correct - you must recompile git yourself.

Thsi is not an option. Many people use FAT32 due to better
interoprability dusing multi-boot environments. Please distribute git
wit FAT32 support enabled. Windows workstations are *one* user
workstations, so the point of being "secure" is less important than
interoperability.

Jari