Re: Uninstalling a program from Cygwin in Windows XP

* D (Fri, 14 Sep 2007 02:25:59 -0700 (PDT))
> I have installed a program called Fontforge (An
> outline font editor) into the Cygwin environment in
> order to create and manipulate fonts for Windows XP. I
> would like to update the editor, but when I try the
> uninstall commands cygwin does not uninstall the
> program can some provide help as to how to uninstall
> Fontforge.

It's not a part of the official Cygwin distribution. So how can we
know how to uninstall the program?

> Now when I try to uninstall the program I was supposed
> to use this command:
> $ su
> password:
> $ rm -rf /usr/local/bin/{fontforge,sfddiff} \
> /usr/local/lib/{libgdraw,libgunicode,libuninameslist}*
> \
> /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/fontforge.pc \
> /usr/local/man/man1/{fontforge,sfddiff}.1 \
> /usr/local/share/doc/fontforge \
> /usr/local/share/locale/*/LC_MESSAGES/FontForge.mo
>
> but it does not uninstall the program.  Any
> suggestions as to what I need to do to uninstall this
> program?

A sufficient problem description would be fine. What happens when you
issue this command and why does it not uninstall the program?

On the other hand it really doesn't matter: the command just removes
all the fontforge files. Why don't you do it by hand? It would take
about two minutes of your precious time.

Thorsten