Re: sftp removing writable bit

DePriest, Jason R. wrote:
sftp provides you with an FTP command set where scp does not

that's about the only thing I can think of that makes a difference; seems like a compelling reason if you are going to be doing complex transfers, but if you are more familiar and comfortable with scp, then use it
Hey I'm just trying to learn... What "complex transfers" are possible in the ftp command set that are not possible with scp/ssh?

Hey, I agree, use whatever you are more comfortable with I guess. I just think it makes a lot more sense to just use the basic command set, perhaps extended with the "s" commands for remote files, rather than set up sftp and use a different command set. IOW I've never seen the need to set up sftp and use it over just using the "s" commands...
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
Did anyone see my lost carrier?