Re: ssh ProxyCommand not finding anything to execute

SQueeZe wrote:
Lets say I just drop sh.exe into the installation folder, what else would I
need to do?

I have taken the sh.exe file from a cywgin install and put it into c:\bin\,
and tried running my command again.  Now it no longer complains that it
can't find /bin/sh but it still doesn't print anything to the screen like it
should.  Obviously putting it in c:\bin isn't ideal, I need to point it to
my cwRsync directory.

Really, this is off-topic for this list.  You should be talking to the
cwRsync guys about this.  We don't have any knowledge of what cwRsync does
or the requirements to make it work, even though it claims to be
Cygwin-based.  So you're better off talking with the maintainers of this
tool.

Aside: A quick read of the web site doesn't leave me with the impression
that this is any more than a repackaged version of a subset of the
Cygwin-provided tools.  Since repackaging Cygwin tools just results in
incompatibilities with the stock Cygwin toolset, I don't see any advantage
to installing cwRsync.  I'd recommend just using the rsync package as
provided with Cygwin.  If you have problems with that, you have this list
and it's archives to help you out.

I have emailed the cwRsync guys the problem but I'm not sure if they will be
willing to include sh.exe in the next release or not.

Since doing so would simply add to the incompatibilities between cwRsync and
the stock Cygwin installation, I hope not.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746