setup.exe deleted some files

When I inadvertantly ran setup to perform an upgrade of my B20 environment the other week, I noticed that it deleted some files in my /bin directory. One particular file was "cal.exe" which I use more frequently than a real calendar. Is this normal or was it a fluke. I restored it from my backups. Also deleted were "egrep.exe" and "fgrep.exe".

Can anyone explain the logic setup uses to determine which files to delete? Was it caused by some menu items not being checked with "keep"?