using a USB flash mem device

I got this nice little Sandisk "sansa express" MP3 player that plugs into the
USB port on my XP machine.

Unlike other USB devices I've used, Windows doesn't give this thing a drive
letter, but does something else; it shows up on the "explorer" window and kind
of acts like a drive there, but it doesn't show up in the /cygdrive directory.

Is there a way I access this with cygwin as if it were a drive ?

- Tom