RE: Python for Cygwin

On 25 October 2007 14:17, Lorenzo.Corgnati wrote:

> Dear Sirs,
> I'm a new Cygwin user. I'm running Cygwin on my PC (mounting Windows XP
> Professional).
> I need to run a little Python script on my Cygwin shell. What have I to do?
> I guess I've to install Python on my PC. In which way have to do it? In
> which path? Have I to install it under Cygwin?

  Just run setup.exe again and set it to install on the package chooser.
Python is in the "Python" category.  Setup will install it to the correct
location automatically and all you have to do after that is type

  python <scriptname>

at a shell prompt.  (Or make sure the first line of the script says

#!python

and the script has the +x flag set, and then you can just run it directly by
name at the bash prompt, subject to the usual rules about $PATH).

    cheers,
      DaveK