Re: Wish Setup would accept my Perl

Brian Mathis wrote:

On Nov 7, 2007 10:31 AM, Andrew DeFaria <Andrew@defaria.com> wrote:
Brian Mathis wrote:
ActiveState Perl works very nicely (and the alternative is what, vbscript?) on Windows.
No the alternative is Cygwin's Perl on Windows, of course. Oh, and BTW, how much $$$ does ActiveState Perl cost? And how much was Cygwin's again?
It costs, nothing. zero. zilch. nada. free.

I guess we both need to get our facts straight.
Thanks for letting me know. In any event I'd still much rather use an integrated and truer to Posix environment without all of those limitations and only one architecture tunnel vision... I also don't use Putty but rather just Cygwin's ssh. Nor do I use Reflections/X or any other commercial X Server - just Cygwin's X server. Again, Cygwin provides an integrated environment that is much like Unix/Linux, designed to work together and basically just works, as opposed to a hodge podge of random utilities from various companies who may or may not charge for the base product, but who are sure trying to sell you something, and who do not communicate well with other disparate utilities gathered together and each on their own patch cycle, etc. YMMV - I'll stay with Cygwin!
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
A good scapegoat is almost as good as a solution.