cygwin install from download

I've installed cygwin on a net-attached XP host with no problems and love it.
I've tried downloading cygwin and installing it to an unconnect host
and the install
constantly fails at the end with not being able to find cygintl-8.dll.
 Interestingly, that
dll does exist in c:\cygwin\bin. I've tried just installing the base
package with all the
defaults, re-installing but nothing seems to work. Is there some trick?

Thanks