Re: cygwin and squid - RLIMIT_NOFILE

David Rothenberger wrote:

> On 12/3/2007 2:51 PM, jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> [snip]
> > $ squid -N
> > FATAL: setrlimit: RLIMIT_NOFILE: (24) Too many open files
> >
> > This is a classic error described a few times on the mailing list.
> >
> > So..
> > has anybody managed this?!!!
> > and how?!
>
> Is there any reason not to use the Windows-native squid binaries[1]?
> I thought about trying to package squid-2.6 for Cygwin because of the
> problems you mention, but when I noticed the Windows-native binaries
> I decided it wasn't worth the effort.
>
> [1] http://www.acmeconsulting.it/SquidNT/

I am trying the windows port and moving forward with it.  Though
problems with that are covered by the regular squid mailing list, and
squid docs.

But regarding the cygwin squid ..
Howcome the 2 solutions offered on this list -  amending the hex, and
amending autoconf.h   But neither worked for me?

And if there are still problems, was there any post on the mailing list
saying that doing this was futile?