Re: kill -STOP mencoder_pid does not stop process execution

Dear Lev,

> 2007. 12. 11. k. 19:06, "Lev Bishop" <lev.bishop@gmail.com> Ãrta:

>> sometimes I have to pause the execution of the mencoder process on my cygwin
>> hosted by an XP SP2. If I press Ctrl+S the mencoder is stopped nicely. I wanted
>> to pause it from a script. I tried the normal UNIX way sending a SIGSTOP signal
>> to the process (kill -STOP mencoder_PID) from an other bash window. Running "ps"
>> I could see it had "S" status, but mencoder was still writing to stdout and the
>> CPU usage was still nearly 100%. I even tried "kill -TSTP mencoder_PID", but the
>> same result.
>
>I think this is because of this longstanding cygwin issue:
>http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2003-q4/msg00055.html

Aha... This can be a reason. :-(

Is there a way how to stop and continue a process from a script from an other
console???

Thanks in advance && Good byte!

TT
_____________________________________________________________2 szemÃlyes INGYENES korfui Ãtat is nyerhetsz!