still having problem: devenv through sshd

Hi,

Kind of wondering if this thing ever work for anyone. A few weeks back, i had problem to run "devenv" build script through sshd on windows 2003 server. here is the thread: http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2007-11/msg00473.html The symptom was basically the same script can be executed from remote desktop console, but not through ssh session. the script simplely hang and doesn't spill out any error message. I struggled a lot with it and finally gave up even with Dave's help. I then give up 2003 and moved to XP. The problem with XP is even more subtle now. I can ssh in with password authentication and execute the script just fine (one step closer compare to 2003). However, public key authentication still not working (i am getting the fatal error C1902: Program database manager mismatch; please check your installation). There was a thread discussed this issue so i thought the problem can be worked around by just using password authentication. Since i need passwordless login process, i employeed perl Net-SCP-Expect and Net-SSH. Both module works just fine and are using password authentication (that's what they are designed for). However, remotely executing the build script still give me C1902 errors. I just can't figure out what's the difference between password login interactively and using perl modules. I am stuck again, need some help here. Thanks.

Derek