RE: HowTo setup cygwin + sshd using hosts.allow and hosts.deny and use detailed logging

Hello Rene!

Thanks for pointing out that wonderful piece of software.
I installed DenyHosts

But again I got stuck. :(

Now sshd do use hosts.deny well. But ....

How can I start denyhosts without logging on to the machine ( logon to
windows ) and open a Cygwin bash and start denyhosts by hand?

I tried the following:
cygrunsrv -I  Denyhosts -d "CygWin Denyhosts" -p
/usr/share/denyhosts/denyhosts_start.sh

The content of denyhosts_start.sh is the following:
/usr/share/denyhosts/daemon-control start

The Service installed - but when I try to start the service I got this one:

"A service process other than the one launched by the Service Control
Manager connected when starting the CygWin Denyhosts service.  The Service
Control Manager launched process 5724 and process 3240 connected instead."

I noticed also that when I start Denyhosts b< hand with "daemon-control
start" and then do a "daemon-control status" I got the message "Denyhosts is
not running"
But if I do a "ps -ef" I see python is running and Denyhosts is running as
well as I can proof in the log file - also proof there is a denyhosts.pid in
/var/run/

Can you please advise me?

Best regards
Martin