Re: About linker otions an rebasing

Angelo Graziosi wrote:

> I remember an old discussion on cygwin-apps that suggested to add
>
>     -Wl,--enable-auto-import -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base

auto-import has nothing to do with rebasing and is the default anyway.
The only thing that specifying --enable-auto-import does is disable some
informational messages that are printed during linking if auto imports
are used.

> i.e. 'cygwin1.dll' is the unique Cygwin DLL interested: Should we
> continue to add the above options?

The image base is only relevant when creating a DLL.  When creating an
.exe the issue is irrelevant as all executables have an image base of
0x0040000.  (Well, it might vary if you adjust the default stack size
allocation but the point is it cannot be hashed to a unique address.)

Brian