Re: Uninstalling Cygwin

Remko Arts wrote:
Hello,

I've installed Cygwin with the ssh package. Now I want to uninstall
Cygwin, but get the message Windows is unable to delete .ssh. Seems some
exotic file protection is in place Windows can't handle. The only
removal instructions I can find for windows are "delete the complete
cygwin directory", which is, as mentioned impossible by normal means.
Any suggestions?
Are you running as the same user the .ssh file is for?

Anyway, you can reset the ACLs to delete the file (approximative translations, I run a French version of windows):
- In explorer, do a right click on the offending file(s)
- Properties
- In the Security tab, click Advanced
- Reset ownership if necessary (third tab). If you do this, it may be necessary to close and reopen the "advanced" security properties
- Set permissions as resuired in the first tab (grant yourself "full control" for example)

If what you see does not match what I describe, beware of "simple file permissions" in tools/options/dsplay.

Hope that helps

Sylvain RICHARD