Cygwin on Vista

  I'm becoming an idiot. Every day I understand less:

bash-3.2$ file AWTPlayer.java
AWTPlayer.java: ASCII Java program text
bash-3.2$ unix2dos.exe AWTPlayer.java
AWTPlayer.java:
unix2dos processing AWTPlayer.java: Permission denied
bash-3.2$ unix2dos.exe < AWTPlayer.java > AWTPlayer2.java
bash-3.2$ file AWTPlayer2.java
AWTPlayer2.java: ASCII Java program text, with CRLF line terminators
bash-3.2$ icacls AWTPlayer.java
AWTPlayer.java TURION\Pedro:(I)(F)

Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files
bash-3.2$ icacls AWTPlayer2.java
AWTPlayer2.java TURION\Pedro:(R,W,D,WDAC,WO)
                TURION\None:(R,W)
                Everyone:(R,W)

Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files
bash-3.2$ groups
mkgroup
bash-3.2$

  1) Why unix2dos failed the first time?

bash-3.2$ ls testing
ls: cannot access testing: No such file or directory
bash-3.2$ touch testing
bash-3.2$ icacls testing
testing TURION\Pedro:(R,W,D,WDAC,WO)
        TURION\None:(R,W)
        Everyone:(R,W)

Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files
bash-3.2$

  2) Why every file I create is created with the None and Everyone permissions?

P.S.: The last month I've being thinking about: Am I the only world dumb sysadmin that short circuited a LAN?

http://br.mail.yahoo.com/