This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setting MAKE_MODE breaks make.exe
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 21:36:07 -0500
- Subject: Re: Setting MAKE_MODE breaks make.exe
- References: <47CCAFFA.firstname.lastname@example.org> <47CCB14F.15BA2A01@dessent.net>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 06:17:51PM -0800, Brian Dessent wrote:
>Francois Colbert wrote:
>> I think that a simple warning message (or no message at all?) and
>> *normal* continuation of the process (ie: no abort) would be sufficient
>> since "make" doesn't seem to be using this variable anymore. Its only
>I think the idea is that if you have a Makefile that expects to set
>MAKE_MODE to "win32" and use c:/foo/bar-style paths, it will fail
>catastrophically anyway, so there's no point in continuing.
That's correct. This behavior is not going to change.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html