This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: csih and sspi with guest accounts
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 23:54:07 -0800
- Subject: Re: csih and sspi with guest accounts
- References: <47CE07A2.email@example.com> <47CEE4DD.firstname.lastname@example.org> <47D2F243.email@example.com> <47D39192.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Charles Wilson wrote:
> note that Vista and Server 2008 both report "CYGWIN_NT-6.0", so I don't
> really have a good way of distinguishing between them.
FWIW, Microsoft says the way to determine 2k8 from Vista is by checking
if wProductType contains VER_NT_WORKSTATION:
already does this internally for wincap and so wincap.is_server ()
should be true for 2k8, but I don't think this is accessible by any
public uname-like interface.
cygcheck also does this for the "-s" output, so grepping that would also
be an option to distinguish 2k8 if it's really necessary, although
cygcheck -s is very slow as it has to search a bunch of path stuff so I
don't think that's all that useful.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html