Re: How to add latest version of gettext...

Tony Anecito wrote:

> I want to get the latest version of gettext to be
> added to cygwin. It currently is version 0.17. I am
> not sure what mirror for cygwin would have that.

It doesn't matter what mirror you choose.  All mirrors are supposed to
have identical content, that is the definition of "mirroring".  Of
course, this assumes you are choosing from the list of official
mirrors.  If you use some unofficial/third party site then it could have
completely different packages, but that's not really relevant here.

If you want to determine the current version available for any Cygwin
package, then simply go to <http://cygwin.com/packages/> and click on
the package name.  In this case gettext 0.15-1 is the latest available.
If you want anything newer you need to build it from source yourself.
If you want more detail on why 0.15 is the latest then start with
<http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2008-02/msg00359.html>.

Brian