RE: installing openssh package does not appear to install sshd

Robert Amodeo wrote on 12 March 2008 16:43:

> I installed CYGWIN from home site (onto a machine, Win XP), and added the
> appropriate packages (openssh, tcp_wrappers, zlib).  Cygwin appeared to
> install fine, and I started up a Cygwin screen.
>
> I then ran > net start sshd, and found the following error:
>
> -----------------------
> $ net start sshd
> The service name is invalid

> I did not find 'sshd' in the list of services.  Should it
> have installed sshd?  Am I doing something incorrectly?

  You're almost there, and you're doing fine so far: sshd is *installed* but
it is not yet *configured*.  Now you've installed it, you need to run the
"ssh-host-config" script that was part of the package to set up the actual
service.

    cheers,
      DaveK