This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygrunsrv-1.34-1
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 11:41:19 +0100
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygrunsrv-1.34-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I have updated cygrunsrv to version 1.34-1.
This release mainly improves the capability to connect to remote
servers introduced with 1.30-1 (see
The following changes have been made:
- When accessing a remote server, cygrunsrv no longer checks the path to
the executable for existance, nor does it check if the registry
contains required system mount points.
- There's a new option -P/--crs-path which allows to specify the path to
cygrunsrv. This is especially useful when installing services on a
remote machine and the path to cygrunsrv is evaluated incorrectly to
run the service correctly on the remote machine.
- Erroneous error output when registry access fails has been fixed.
- It's now allowed to specify NT user names in the "DOMAIN\username"
syntax also using a forward slash, "DOMAIN/username".
- A couple of ambiguities in the README file
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/cygrunsrv.README have been fixed.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: firstname.lastname@example.org . I would appreciate if you would
use this mailing list rather than emailing me directly. This includes
ideas and comments about the setup utility or Cygwin in general.
If you want to make a point or ask a question the Cygwin mailing list is
the appropriate place.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe to the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html