Re: Cygwin is saving my ass

Dave Korn wrote:
Robert Latest wrote on 25 March 2008 08:50:

Enter corporate IT. For four weeks now I've been holding my first real
industry job. And I'm locked into a M$ Windows PC. God, I hadn't known
just how much Windows sucks. Everything around here is done with
Access and Excel and lots of ultra-slow VBA glue to hold it more or
less together. Lotus Notes for appointments and email. Well, that's
not going to change, but who helps ME to get MY work done?

Enter Cygwin. Finally, things flow again. What a relief. Thanks, guys.

:) I think you speak for quite a lot of people here when you say that. I couldn't function in my day-to-day work without a real shell, and grep and sed, and all the gnu tools. Cygwin makes windows worth using!

My opinion too...

Ignazio