Re: using rsync with Win32/UNC pathnames?

On Apr 11 19:06, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen schrieb:
>>> Is a file in an archive enough?
>>>
>>> It looks like it looses the special character in tar or zip, but 7zip can
>>> store it just fine.
>> What 7zip?  Native or Cygwin?
>
> I used native 7zip to store the file and copy it to another machine.
> It is also possible to copy such a file to another machine using Windows
> Neighbourhood.

Given that a Cygwin 7zip would probably change the results, could you
please provide the file in a format which doesn't force me to download
another piece of software?  Like, for instance, zip?

>> Better:  Create a shell script which creates the file which makes
>> trouble and send the script.
>
> I've no idea how to create a file with such name.
> I'm doing backups with rsync (sort of) and I was checking which files are
> not copied - this was one of user files.

>> Shortcut:  Tell me what the actual filename is.  I can switch to the
>> german keyboard layout if necessary.

And what's the actual filename?

>>   As a start and as long as there's only
>> one file in the test dir, you could also send the strace output of `ls
>> test' as attachment to this list.  This might help already.
>
> I didn't even think of debugging this.
>
> You can find a "ls -l" strace on http://wpkg.org/ls.strace.txt

I asked for an attachment but, well...  The strace doesn't help,
unfortunately.

Corinna

Red Hat