1.5.25-11 gcc compile issue

I am trying to compile a C program using gcc on
cygwin.  This program has compiled on tru64, AIX, Sun,
MAC, ect...but now need it for a Windows box.  I've
only used cygwin for 2 days and have researched this
problem, but have had no luck.  I send my apologies if
this has already been answered, but I haven't been
lucky enough to find it.

When I compiled my program before using...
gcc -o code48_win -lncurses -D_WIN_ code_v49w.c
term.h: No such file or directory

I've carefully made sure everything was installed that
the web said...did it 3 times!  I now understand that
the term.h is not in the include path with many other
header files, but in it's child path 'ncurses'.  I did
three different things which gave the same results...
1 - Made symlinks that the ncurses cygwin package
doesn't:
/usr/include/ncurses/term.h -> /usr/include/term.h
2 - Changed my header file to #include
<ncurses/term.h>
3 - Add this argument -I/usr/include/ncurses when
compiling

This solved finding the term.h, but now...I get these
errors.  Using the 3rd case

gcc -o code48_win -I/usr/include/ncurses -lncurses
-D_WIN_ code_v49w.c
(It gives a few warnings which are fine...then)
: undefined reference to `_initscr'
: undefined reference to `_newwin'
: undefined reference to `_LINES'
: undefined reference to `_COLS'
: undefined reference to `_keypad'
: undefined reference to `_nonl'
: undefined reference to `_noecho'
: undefined reference to `_wgetch'
: undefined reference to `_wmove'
: undefined reference to `_wrefresh'
(And continues unto about another 1100 undefined
references which a lot of them repeat)

This has compiled on nearly every other box imaginable
with no problems.  I feel it now reads in all the
header files, but then blows up once it goes to the
runtime.  If there is a solution to this, I would be
very grateful.  Again, sorry for being a newb and
thanks for your help!

~Rob