rxvt in native mode, widely spaced characters [Was: Re: why "Sorry, your message has been denied due to keywords found in your subject"?]

Daniel Barclay wrote:
So just because I mention that I'm NOT using X11, my message gets rejected
because X11 is off-topic?

Yes. The filters aren't that smart -- they are word based, not natural-language based. So you can't expect them to understand term negation -- or spammers would start advertising "not not via-g*a."

However, with regards to rxvt in native mode, the widely spaced characters you are seeing happens when rxvt can't find, or doesn't understand, the font you specified. So, you'll need to post your /etc/X11/app-defaults/Rxvt file, your ~/.Xdefaults and/or ~/.Xresources file, AND the command line you used to invoke rxvt.

--
Chuck