development libraries help

I have already installed MySQL 5.0.51 (full version, for windows) and CYGWIN of course. When running my job I get the message: âThere\'s no devel libraries for MySQL or ODBCâ
Apparently I need to install these development libraries for mysql, to be used under CYGWIN, but I am having trouble finding them and don't know how to install them even. Does anyone know where to get the mysql development libraries from? Or how to install these libraries? Do these libraries come along with CIGWIN distribution or with MySQL?
cheers