Re: Port Bind to Cygwin. $100.

David schrieb:
On 2008-06-08 19:13:48 +0200, cuicui <cuicui.oizo@free.fr> said:
You can use the offical Bind "binary kit" for windows:
http://www.isc.org/index.pl?/sw/bind/view/?release=9.5.0

It contains the server side of Bind but also the client utilities (dig, host, etc.)
You can extract the binaries you interested in and make a personalized cygwin package called "bindtools" out of it.

Hello Nicolas,

Thanks for your answer.

I also think that making a cygwin package of the official Bind tools would be useful for other people also.

I cannot get into it, but I offer $100 to someone that makes it (it must be accepted as an official cygwin package).
If someone is interested, please let me know.

cygwinports already has the package "bind" with all dnsutils, libs and the server. Unfortunately sunsite.dk is down right now.
You would only have to grab the src package, recompile and ITP it.

BTW: The names or the client utils as package vary between bind-tools (redhat,fedora), dnsutils (debian), bind-tools (gentoo).
cygwinports has all clients in the bind package, which is bind9.
Which is good for the clients but harder for the server, imho.
host usually has its own package, called bind-host.
--
Reini Urban