Re: Cygwin DNS lookup utility

> Is the "host" command available in cygwin?
> (Cygwin does not install it by default)

It's not, and it should be.  I've tried to build it from the BIND source on at
least one occasion.  The build succeeded, but host and dig both hung in an
unpleasant way that required me to kill their parent shells.  IIRC other people
have tried it and gotten similar results.  But that was more than a year ago
that I tried-- it would be worth trying again.

As Christopher says, if we can get the executables to run, then packaging them
isn't hard.

A.