RE: Thought/Suggestion/Is it Possible for the new Cygwin 1.7 /etc/fstab

Brian Keener wrote on 10 June 2008 17:54:

> Well - what I'm thinking is what I seem to recall that Unix/Linux does in
> that I can set up fstab to know of a mount point but not mount it
> automatically until I tell it too and then I can mount and unmount at will
> for changing the cd.

  Cygwin does all that automatically for you, based on the support in the
underlying windows OS.  You don't need to tell it when you change the cd.

> But as I say I am probably overthinking this for the Cygwin on Windows
> environment - does it really care if I change cd's without a unmount and
> then mount?

  'mount' and 'unmount' are utterly different kinds of beast on Cygwin as
they are on the Linux platform; they don't do the same job, and in any case
that job doesn't even need doing.

    cheers,
      DaveK