what is the status of proftp for cygwin?

Hi,
I was looking for an ftp server to use with cygwin. First, let me say that I got an old
machine running windoze 2k pro and was able to do a full clean cygwin install with no obvious problems :)
But, after hunting around I didn't find proftp in the available packages ( but may have missed
something ) and this doesn't mention cygwin,

http://www.proftpd.org/localsite/Userguide/linked/x160.html

although I thought it said it was tested there. I grabbed the source, ran configure and make
and even make install without incident but got a bunch of problems on startup with it trying to change the user.
And, yes, I read the "README.cygwin" that came with the download ( suggesting it should work :) )
but I still wasn't sure what was wrong. What are user/group supposed to look like in the config file?
( I thought this may just be because my cywin passwd file doesn't match windoze on this
machine but i had similar problem with the new install which should be clean )

Is there a link someone can provide on proftp with cygwin of suggest a better ftp server?
ssh and scp work just fine as did other servers I started but I thought FTP would be nice
to have too.

Thanks.

Mike Marchywka
586 Saint James Walk
Marietta GA 30067-7165
404-788-1216 (C)<- leave message
989-348-4796 (P)<- emergency only
marchywka@hotmail.com
Note: If I am asking for free stuff, I normally use for hobby/non-profit
information but may use in investment forums, public and private.
Please indicate any concerns if applicable.
Note: Hotmail is possibly blocking my mom's entire
ISP - try  me on marchywka@yahoo.com if no reply
here. Thanks.