Re: pango solution

Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) <yselkowitz@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Dave Korn wrote:
> |   So, they're in the DLL itself, but for some reason not marked as exports
> | in the DEF file, and hence no available stubs for them in the import .a
> | library.
>
> It's because of the -export-symbols-regex "^pango_.*" flag, hence
> _pango_* internal symbols aren't being exported.  This isn't supposed to
> be used when building a Win32 Pango, as you'll see from the configure.in
> where this flag is declared; now you know why.

Even when built with "--disable-win32"  it still required win32 libs be built

> I can attest that there are no issues building pango with the X11 cairo.
Your attestation is wrong for pango-1.21.3.

I found the problem.

It is in the configuration file. After making two slight changes it build fine.
It's possible that only one change was necessary, but I'm tired now and will leave it
to go on to build gtk+-2.12.10.

For those interesting in building pango-1.21.3, the changes necesaary where both of the same type simply involves deleting "|*-*cygwin**" from the two case statements.

configure file line # 20052
               line # 22054

case "$host" in
#  *-*-mingw*|*-*-cygwin*) have_win32=true ;;      changed from this
  *-*-mingw*) have_win32=true ;;		   <--- to this
esac

otherwise it will require win32 code to be built, and cairo was not build for it.

Regards,
  Henman