RE: system shared memory mismatch problem

Behalf

http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> would be more instructive.

Thanks.  That helped.  I ran cygcheck and looked at the output.  Yes,
there is another cygwin1.dll in system32 folder.  It doesn't show up if
I use Windows Search (even with "search hidden files and folders" option
checked).  Even if I go to system32 folder and enable showing of hidden
files, it doesn't show up.  In cmd.exe, if I do 'dir' it shows up.  But,
if I delete it from cmd.exe, it says file not there.  But, I was able to
delete it from rxvt using rm.

I see another similar (hidden) file called cygz.dll in sys32 folder.
Shall I delete this too?

The only warning I saw in cygcheck output is for multiple cygwin1.dlls.
The X is not running for other reasons.  I'm going to uninstall and
re-install and see if I can run X.