Re: chmod permission denied on windows 2008

On Jul  3 23:19, Steven Hartland wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Corinna Vinschen"
>
>> Works fine for me on 2008 so I assume some local setting which
>> disallows this.  Did you remove the "Back up privileg and directories"
>> privilege from the admin's account, by any chance?
>
> The info from "whoami /all" indicates that you are correct but this
> is appears to be the default as I'm not aware of any changes I've
> made in this area
>[...]
> SeBackupPrivilege               Back up files and directories
> Disabled

That doesn't mean what you think it means.  The user token *has* the
backup privilege, it's just disabled.  That's actually the default for
this privilege, it must be enabled explicitely in a process before the
process can make use of this privilege.

Corinna

Red Hat