RE: CRON can't cd to HOME

Kevin M wrote on 03 July 2008 18:31:

 [ snip masses of quotes]

> Hello,
> Hopefully I'm supposed to post at the bottom of the page.

  Heh, yes, but you're also supposed to trim your quote.  Was there really
any benefit in sending those trailers twice (well three times actually
counting the fresh one at the bottom of your post) to thousands and
thousands of people?

> I tried
> adding set HOME=/home/username and recieved a bad minute error? Is
> there some trick to this..

  The error message suggests you haven't got the syntax quite right; crond
thinks you've put the commandline where it expects to find the
number-of-minutes-past-the-hour field.  Can we see your "crontab -l" output?

    cheers,
      DaveK