Re: Event viewer application error?

Kevin M wrote:
Hello,
I'm getting this error.

/AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: /usr/sbin/cron: PID 2784: (CRON) error (can't switch user context).

I checked and found something that said to add execute permsisions to the cygwin1.dll and give permissions to /etc/cron.d. This has not worked if anybody has any ideas I would apprcieate it. I have no idea where to put the /AUXSOURCE= flag and also don't know what value it is looking for.

This would be helpful:

Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html

Or at least who the 'cron' service is running as. My guess is that when you installed cron, you chose to run it as yourself or some other unprivileged (including 'Administrator') user. Windows services cannot switch user contexts unless they use a special privileged account (SYSTEM on XP or older systems). That's why you get the message. The solution? Reinstall it and let it run under a privileged account.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746