Re: Relation Between Mount System and The Registry?

Sam Hanes wrote:

> Can someone explain to me when the registry keys in
> "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2" and the same in HKCU
> get read into the mount table? I can find the source for the mount
> table itself (in "src/winsup/cygwin/mount.cc") but not where the
> information from the registry is initially read in, or were it gets
> written out when a new entry is added.

Please elaborate a little on why you're asking.  I say this because you
should never edit the registry to change the mount table.  Use the mount
and umount commands to edit the mount table, and the right thing will
always happen.  This is important because in the next version of Cygwin
the mount table is no longer be stored in the registry.  Consider that
an implementation detail that's subject to change.

Brian