Re: Freeze with the letter "e"

I have not been able to post to the list for some reason so I hope this gets through. The problem does not seem to be simply one having to do with CRLF, or the letter e. The problem occurs even after using dos2unix. The problem occurs when the editing is done with SciTe (with LF returns) and with vim. If an echo command is inserted in .inputrc, the problem is with the letter e; for date, the letter d; and for pwd the letter p. I have not run through the rest of the alphabet. # comment lines cause no problem. If I source .inputrc, the commands (echo, etc) run fine. I saw a similar problem posted on a ubuntu forum, but no solution. My Google and other searches have not been helpful. Any help would be appreciated.

Lou

Mark, I hope you do not mind that I am CCing this to you. I think cygwin thinks I am a spammer for some reason and has been blocking me.