Re: ssh client disconnect error

luciop <lucio_piccoli <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> hi all
>
> i cant connect to my local sshd using vista home.
> after numerous attempts to install (10) i have read every posting on this issue
> but still my problem persisted.
> i have my mcfee fiewall turned off.
>
> the error
> ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host is produced.

after checking the windows event log the following error is reported

sshd: PID 5176: warning: /etc/hosts.allow, line 11: host name/address mismatch:
127.0.0.1 != lucio-PC

why is the windows machine name being passed through instead of local host?

when i used

$ssh -vvv lucio-PC

works fine.

why have i done to not make localhost work?

-lucio