Re: term bash shell with multiple tabs ? (without X)

> True, you don't get graphical tabs, and you have to type a key
> sequence to get a list of "tabs" (control-a w),

Actually, with a little setup in your .screenrc, that's not true.  I have mine
set up to always show the list of tabs on the bottom line, with the current tab
highlighted.  You have to give up one line for that, but it's well worth it IMO.

Here's the .screenrc magic that does this for me:

# caption bar at bottom:
caption always '%-Lw%{.kG} %n%f %t %{-}%+Lw'

Reading and writing this isn't too fun, but it is fully documented in the info
file.

Andrew.